An international scientific cooperation program
International science in the best interest of Russia
A part of the Strategy for Development of Science and Texhbology and the national project “Science”
The mega-grants are a program for international cooperation of Russian universities and scientific foundations with world-class researchers and leading foreign research and education centers in the domains of science, education, and innovation. The program was launched on 09 April 2010 with the issue of the Decree No. 220 by the Government of the Russian Federation.
The objective of the program is creation of laboratories in Russian educational and scientific institutions to conduct research on the cutting-edge of the development of science and technology under supervision of world-class researchers including compatriots residing abroad.The mega-grant program solves the following tasks:
- Attraction of leading scientists, including compatriots living abroad, to Russia.
- Creation of competitive world-class laboratories (centers of growth) in Russian universities and scientific organizations.
- Completion of breakthrough research projects in various domains of science.
- Training highly qualified scientific staff.
- Stimulation of engagement of young people in science, education and high technologies.
- Establishment of solid links with leading international research and education center and scientific schools.
- Transfer of cutting-edge technologies to the real sector of the economy.