Nanostructured Solar Cells Laboratory
This laboratory was established as part of a scientific research project supported with a monetary grant awarded by the Government of the Russian Federation under a grant competition designed to provide governmental support to scientific research projects implemented under the supervision of the world's leading scientists at Russian institutions of higher learning (Resolution of the RF Government No.220 of April 9, 2010).
Grant Agreement No.:
Name of the institution of higher learning:
Ioffe Physical Technical Institute of RAS
Fields of scientific research:
Development of new generation photovoltaics based on transition zone materials.
Leading scientist's full name: Lopez, Antonio Ignacio Luke
Academic degrees and titles:
Philosophy doctor, Professor
Areas of scientific interest:
Solar power engineering
- "Leonardo Torres Quevedo", a national prize for outstanding achievements in technological research, 1987.
- "Alexandre Edmond Becquerel Prize", awarded by the European Commission for outstanding achievements in the field of photovoltaic research, 1992.
- Member of the Royal Engineering Academy of Spain since 1995.
- "Rey Jaime I" award for outstanding achievements in the field of environmental protection, 1999.
- Honorary member of the Institute of Physical Engineering named after A. F. Ioffe of the Russian Academy of Sciences, 2002.
- "Juan de la Cierva" National Prize for Technology Transfer, 2003.
- Honorary doctor of Jaen University (Spain), 2005
- Honorary doctor of the Carlos III of Madrid University (Spain), 2005.
- IEEE William Cherry Award for outstanding achievements in photovoltaic research, 2006.
- SolarWorld Senior Einstein Award from SolarWorld AG, 2008.