Spark Plasma Sintering Laboratory (SPSL)
This laboratory was established as part of a scientific research project supported with a monetary grant awarded by the Government of the Russian Federation under a grant competition designed to provide governmental support to scientific research projects implemented under the supervision of the world's leading scientists at Russian institutions of higher learning (Resolution of the RF Government No.220 of April 9, 2010).
Grant Agreement No.:
Name of the institution of higher learning:
Moscow State University of Technology "STANKIN"
Fields of scientific research:
Mechanics and mechanical engineering
Development of innovative spark plasma sintering technologies required to create a new class of nanocomposite materials for engineering applications.
Leading scientist's full name: Torrecillas, Ramon San Millan
Academic degree and title:
PhD in Material science and Engineering, PhD in physics
• Director and founder of the Center for Research of Nanomaterials and Nanotechnologies (CINN) established with support from CSIC, University of Oviedo, and the Regional State Scientific Research Center of Asturia (Spain).
• Director General and founder of the ITMA Foundation (scientific and technological research center).
• Founder and Adviser to the Director General of Keratec Advanced Materials, S.A.
• Founder and Adviser to the Director General of Bioker Research, S.L.
• Professor, Center for Research of Nanomaterials and Nanotechnologies (CINN).
• Professor and Director of the Department of ceramic materials and technologies, INCAR-CSIC.
Field of scientific interests:
• Thermo-mechanical properties of ceramics.
• Processing of ceramic materials