Laboratory of Innovative Additive Technologies (LIAT)
This laboratory was established as part of a scientific research project supported with a monetary grant awarded by the Government of the Russian Federation under a grant competition designed to provide governmental support to scientific research projects implemented under the supervision of the world's leading scientists at Russian institutions of higher learning (Resolution of the RF Government No.220 of April 9, 2010).
Grant Agreement No.: 11.G34.31.0077
Name of the institution of higher learning:
Federal state budget educational institution of higher professional learning "Moscow State Technological University "STANKIN"
Fields of scientific research:
Theoretical engineering. Production of additives.
- The strategic goal of the project is to establish an innovative laboratory of designing innovative additive technologies required to develop a scientific and technological foundation for the organization of advanced additive production in Russia.
- The new laboratory's non-traditional, innovative approach has to do with the fact that it will research production of multiple kinds of additives with the view to ensure a multifunctional nature of the newly manufactured three-dimensional items and surfaces.
- The laboratory will conduct its scientific research activities within the following two primary areas of its general multifunctional additive production strategy:
• Direct additive production of three-dimensional functional ready-to-use items,
• Spray-coating of multifunctional surfaces.
- The project will help establish a new laboratory of innovative additive production technologies at the Moscow State Technological University "STANKIN";
- The project will help put together a unique research project team under the guidance of a world-class leading scientist;
- The project will help train highly qualified researchers and instructors based on the most advanced achievements in the field of additive production and development of multicomponent materials;
- The project will help acquire new knowledge in the field of additive production technologies and to create what will become Russia's leading scientific research team within this priority technological development area;
- The project will help design and manufacture new and advanced research-intensive products and equipment that will be competitive on the market of high technologies;
- The project will contribute to the development of innovation activities and innovation support infrastructure at the Moscow State Technological University "STANKIN";
Anticipated scientific outcomes:
The project will research two poly-material additive technologies: direct multi-beam laser production technology and cold gas-dynamic spray-coating technology designed to ensure multifunctionality of three-dimensional items and surfaces (finish coatings).
Leading scientist's full name: Igor Yuryevich Smurov
Academic degrees and titles:
- Candidate of physical and mathematical sciences, Metallurgical Institute named after A. A. Baikov, USSR Academy of Sciences,
- Professor of exceptional category, MENESR (Ministry of education and science of France).
- Saint-Etienne National School of Engineering (ENISE),
- Professor, Director of the laboratory "Diagnostics and engineering of industrial processes",
- Head of the Laboratory of innovative additive technologies of the Moscow State Technological University "STANKIN".
Areas of scientific interest:
Theoretical engineering, additive production