On November 27, 2017 the Grant Board of the Government of the Russian Federation announced the names of 35 leading scientists who had won the sixth open grant competition of the Government of the Russian Federation. The grant competition was established to provide governmental support to scientific research projects implemented under the supervision of the world's leading scientists at Russian universities, research institutions of the governmental academies of sciences and governmental research centers of the Russian Federation.
The grants of the Government of the Russian Federation are allocated to the extent of 90 million rubles each for conducting scientific researches for 3 years (2018 – 2020). The participants of the competition can be Russian universities and scientific organizations in cooperation with foreign and Russian leading scientists who have a leading position in a specific field of sciences (natural and exact sciences; engineering and technology; medical sciences and health sciences; agricultural sciences; social sciences; humanities). A leading scientist can participate only in one grant; the number of projects undertaken by one University or scientific organization is not limited.
The winners are leading scientists from 12 countries of the world, including the USA, France, Canada, Italy, Germany, India, Great Britain, Israel and others. 11 scientists among the winners are Russian citizens.
Scientific researches of 35 winners will be conducted on the basis of 28 Russian universities and scientific institutions.
In the sixth open grant competition the list of the organizations of the winners has considerably expanded – 12 educational and scientific organizations received their first "megagrants":
- Don State Technical University;
- Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University;
- Moscow State Institute of International Relations (University) of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Russian Federation;
- The Russian Presidential Academy of National Economy and Public Administration;
- State Academic University for Humanities;
- National Research Center Institute of Immunology Federal Medical-Biological Agency;
- Institute for Information Transmission Problems of the Russian Academy of Sciences (Kharkevich Institute);
- Institute of Cytology of the Russian Academy of Science;
- A.N. Nesmeyanov Institute of Organoelement Сompounds of Russian Academy of Sciences;
- Kazan E.K. Zavoisky Physical-Technical Institute of the Kazan Scientific Center of the Russian Academy of Sciences;
- P. N. Lebedev Physical Institute of the Russian Academy of Sciences;
- Federal Research Centre «Fundamentals of Biotechnology» of the Russian Academy of Sciences.
Regional distribution of Russian universities and scientific institutions which have become the winners of the competition is: Moscow - 16 winners; Saint-Petersburg – 5; Nizhny Novgorod region – 5; Novosibirsk region – 2; the Republic of Tatarstan - 2 winners; Krasnoyarsk, Rostov, Saratov, Tomsk, Chelyabinsk regions - 1 winner.
Please accept our most sincere congratulations on your victory! We wish establishing scientific research laboratories will become the country’s leading education and research centers and achieve ground breaking world-class scientific results!