Interdepartmental Research Laboratory of Astrophysics of Extreme Energy Output Objects
The Interdepartmental Research Laboratory of Astrophysics of Extreme Energy Output Objects was established at the St. Petersburg State Polytechnic University under grant agreement No.11.G34.31.0001 executed by and between the Ministry of education and science of the Russian Federation, St. Petersburg State Polytechnic University, and leading scientist Georgiy Georgiyevich Pavlov in compliance with Resolution of the Government of the Russian Federation No.220.
Leading scientist’s full name: Georgiy Georgiyevich Pavlov
Primary scientific interests and fields of research
- Observation of neutron stars, pulsar wind nebulas, and remnants of supernovas within the X-ray and optical energy ranges.
- Modeling of neutron star atmospheres, radiation processes within neutron stars and associated objects, and interior structure of neutron stars.
- Nuclear physics and quantum electrodynamics in strong magnetic fields, radiation transfer in highly magnetized plasma.
- X-ray and gamma ray sensors.
Membership with professional associations
- Member of the International Astronomical Union
- Member of the American Astronomical Society
- 270 scientific publications, including 154 articles published in peer-review journals in 1972 — 2010.
- 137 scientific publications, including 66 articles published in peer-review journals in 2000 — 2010.
- 42 invited reports made at international conferences.
- Organized 14 international scientific conferences.Aggregate citation index — 5202, including 2655 citations referring to articles published in 2001 — 2012 (according to the NASA Astrophysics Data System as of August 13, 2012).
- H-index — 41 (according to the NASA Astrophysics Data System as of August 13, 2012).
Academic degrees and titles
- Senior Researcher (conferred by the USSR Academy of Sciences in 1987).
- Candidate of physical and mathematical sciences (conferred by the dissertation board of the Institute of Physical Engineering named after A. F. Ioffe of the Russian Academy of Sciences in 1974).
- Physical Engineer (conferred by the Leningrad Polytechnic Institute named after M. I. Kalinin in 1967).